How do I send all my students a message in my course?
Message All Students
- In the Course News and Announcements all enrolled students are automatically subscribed to the forum.
- Students will receive the email thirty minutes after it is posted unless you select the Mail now checkbox.
- The news forum is a special forum for announcements that is automatically created when a course is created.
- A course can only have one news forum. Only teachers and administrators can post in the news forum.
- The Latest news block will display recent discussions in the news forum.The easiest way to send everyone a message is to post in a News forum at the top of your course.
- In the IU Online courses, all enrolled students are automatically subscribed to the Course News and Announcements forum. The forum is an example of a News forum.
- In the introductory section of your course, go to the Course News and Announcements activity.
- Click Add a new topic.
- Construct your message to share with your students. Add a subject heading to your message. In the body of the posting editor, enter your message. Select Add if you choose to post with an attachment.
- Select Post to forum.
You cannot comment on this entry