- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn Editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
- Create the assignment you wish to grade, for help visit: FAQ ID #1406
Creating a Rubric for Grading
- After you have prepared the assignment, locate the Administration block to edit [the activity] settings. Under the Grade section of the activity settings, switch the Grading method to Rubric.
- Select the Save and display. This will launch the Advanced grading screen.
*Note - To add a Rubric to an assignment you have already saved, open the Assignment, and go to the Administration block > Assignment administration > Advanced grading, and under Change the active grading method to, select Rubric.
- On the Advanced Grading screen, select Define new grading from scratch. This will launch the define rubric screen.
- Enter a name and description for the Rubric. Then edit the Rubric criterion (the specific elements to be graded), level (possible ratings for each graded element), and the point values associated with each level within a criterion.
- When you have filled out all the criterion and level definitions, click Save rubric and make it ready. You may also choose to save as a draft if you have not finished, and will need more time to edit the criterion.
*Note - You can always come back and edit your Rubric by viewing the Assignment, going to the Administration block > Assignment administration > Advanced grading, and clicking Define rubric.
Editing the Rubric Criterion
- To edit a criterion or a level, click on the text you want to change. Enter a description in the box, and click anywhere outside the box to stop editing. Scroll down and click the Save button to save changes.
- To edit the points awarded for each level, click on the point value you want to change, and enter the new points to be awarded for that particular level.
IMPORTANT! You must start with a level that has a point value of ZERO. If you do not include a "0" level, the rubric grade will not calculate correctly.
- To add a criterion or a level, click +Add criterion or +Add level. A new editable box will appear. Enter the description in the box, and click anywhere outside the box to stop editing. Scroll down and click the [Save] button to save changes.
View the video below to learn more about:
Creating a Rubric from Scratch
To view the full screen visit the following page on YouTube.