- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn Editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
Creating a Quiz Activity
- If your course is in topic view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add an activity or resource link.
If your course is in folder view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add resource link.
- Select Quiz from the menu, then scroll down and click Add.
- Complete the General Settings form by providing a quiz Name, and writing an Introduction for students to view. Note, this is the text that participants see when they first visit the quiz so be sure to provide clear instructions for completing the activity.
- Configure and elect options determining the timing, student attempts allowed, and Grading methods.
- Choose whether questions should be shuffled within the quiz attempts.
- Decide how many questions to display per page. Reducing your quiz page helps students to focus on a question or a group of related questions. For longer quizzes it makes sense to stretch the quiz over several pages by limiting the number of questions per page.
- Question behavior provides options to shuffle the order of answers within questions. The settings for determining when a student receives feedback to a question can be found here as well.
Select conditions for your students to review questions in the quiz and continue to edit the display options.
- Determine any restrictions on the number of attempts or general security access to the quiz.
- Overall feedback contains text that is shown after a quiz has been attempted. You may customize your feedback based on the grades of your student.
- Review the Common module settings, here you may choose whether the quiz should be visible or not to your students. If you hide this activity, it will be hidden from the students' gradebooks, and your students will not be able to see how it affects their grades. If you have developed predetermined groups, the common module settings will allow you to segment discussions by groups.
- Decide if you wish to place conditions or date related restrictions on how the forum becomes available.
- Select the apppropriate Save/Cancel action.
View the videos below to learn more about setting up a quiz: