In Moodle, a grouping is a group of groups. You can use a grouping for multiple groups to work together in an activity.
- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
- Proceed if a group has been created, to create a group visit: FAQ #1188
- Navigate to the Administration block. Under Course administration click Users to open choices then click Groups.
- Select the Groupings tab.
- Click Create grouping.
- Provide the Grouping name and a Grouping description then Save changes.
- The grouping you created will display on a menu of groupings. Select the Show groups in grouping icon and add or remove the groups that help form the grouping which you will use for an activity or resource.
- Select the group or groups from the potential members list, and populate the grouping by clicking Add.
- Click Back to groupings to finalize your actions.
View the video below to learn more about:
Using Groups & Groupings