In the settings of a quiz, you can set the when a quiz becomes open to students, when it it closed, and the time limit on it.
Setting the Timing in a Quiz
- Go to the assignment or activity in Moodle.
- In the administration block, select Edit settings.
- Scroll down to the Timing section. You may need to click Timing to see the options in that section.
- Make sure that Enable is checked to be able to select Open the quiz, Close the quiz, or Time limit.
- Enter the appropriate dates, time, or Time limit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to course or Save and display.