***Important: This feature is only available in the Advanced forum and not in the "standard" Moodle Forum .
With this feature, instructors can send a private reply to a forum post. This reply is only viewable by the student that made the original post or reply and invisible to the rest of the students. This feature needs to be enabled be
Enabling Private Reply to a Forum Post
- Navigate to the forum you want to adjust.
- In the Administration block, select Edit settings.
- In this section enable the Allow private replies by clicking the checkbox.
Scroll to the bottom and save your new settings.
Privately Reply to a Student in the Forum
- Navigate to the forum.
- Navigate to the post where you will reply privately.
- After filling out your subject and comment, check the box next to Private reply.
Then click Submit.
*Note: The only way a student knows that a reply is private is that they cannot reply to it.*
This 1 minute video presents how to set up Private Reply.