- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
Dropping the Lowest Grade in a Category
- To drop the lowest grades in a grade item type, the grade item types must be in the same category. For example, all of the quizzes will need to be in a quiz category, or all of the assignments will need to be in an assignment category.
- If using Natural Weighting, each of the graded activities in the affected category will need to be worth the same amount of points as the other grade items in that category.
1. In the administration block, select Grades.
2. Click on the Setup tab.
3. In the category you want to edit, click Edit.
4. Click Edit settings.
5. In the Grade category, click Show more…
6. In the text entry box, next to Drop the lowest, decide how many of the lowest grades should be excluded for each student in that category.
7. Click Save changes to save this setting.