In Moodle you may edit your profile to determine how you wish the system to contact you via email and specify when to receive notifactions and messages about activities in your course. When participating in a forum you may subscribe directly to an individual discussion thread.
- When you access a discussion forum that permits optional or auto subscription you may choose which discussions threads to subscribe to by clicking the 'dot' icon to the right of the discussion.
- An envelope tells you are already subscribed.
Controlling Moodle Messaging
- Click on your user name or profile picture and select the option Preferences.
- In the User account section, click on the link Forum preferences.
Choose the Email digest type and Forum auto-subscribe settings you prefer. In the example below, the selection is for receiving one email per post. To reduce your emails you may prefer a daily digest of posts or alternative. The option below will automatically subscribed to all forums upon posting.
Now you will receive email notifications when someone posts in that forum!
- Click the Save changes button to finalize your decision.