The “Learn Sibelius in 1 Hour” video series will help you use Sibelius 6 for your classes, both as a teacher and a student. They will take you through setting up your score sheet, the different ways to enter notation, and some additional tips to help utilize the software.
**The following Sibelius 6 Training videos use a .pdf of the score as a reference. Please follow this link to download.
- Setting up a Score
- This will assist you in choosing paper, instruments, time signature, key, and tempo.
- How to Move Around your Score
- This will show you the different methods for navigating your score including the navigator tool, and panoramic view.
- Mouse Entry
- This lesson will take you through basic note entry that is as simple as using a pen and paper. **This method, for future reference, is also known as step editing/entry or non-linear entry, when using other software.
- Articulation & Repeat
- This lesson adds some additional tips while using in a non-linear method of note entry.
- Flextime Input with Keyboard
- Flextime input allows you to play your score directly into Sibelius linear entry or real-time recording.
- Step Time Entry
- This is a linear style of step editing that uses the piano.
- Alphabetic Note Entry
- A step editing method that utelizes the computer.
- Dynamics and Copying
- Dynamic Parts
- The Ideas Hub
- This is a useful tool for storing and recalling parts from other pieces that you have worked on.
- Sharing your Sibelius Scores