To share multiple quizzes, question banks, and other materials, put these items in a MASTER course and request that your colleague be given access.
Don't have a MASTER course? Please request one here.
Share Quiz Bank
To share a quiz with another professor, export your Question bank, and then have the other professor import it into the course.
To Export the Question bank:
- Login to Moodle and select the course from which you want to export the questions.
- In the Administration block > select Quiz administration > then Question bank> Export.
- Choose Moodle XML Format, and then click the Export Questions to File button.
- Save file.
- It will most likely save it to your downloads folder.
- Attach the file to an email and send it to the other instructor or place on a shared drive.
Import the Question Bank:
- Have the other instructor, login onto Moodle and select the course to import questions.
- In the Administration block > select Quiz administration > then Question bank> Import.
- Choose Moodle XML format, choose a file (select the one that was emailed/shared) and import.
- The list of questions will appear, select Continue. Questions will import and appear in the Question Bank.
- A quiz can then be created with the questions.