- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
Add or remove a Topic section:
If you are viewing your course in Topic or Weekly format:
- Scroll to the bottom of the course home page and locate the increase and reduce icons, + and -.
- Click on the + to increase the amount of viewable sections.
- Click on the - to reduce the amount of viewable sections.
- The topics will be added to or removed from the bottom of the course.
If you are viewing your course in Folder View format:
- In the introduction section towards the top click Add topic.
- Type in the name of the tiopic.
- Click the Add topic button on the screen, or hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- , the Whether in Topic or Folder View, you may add or remove a topic section.
- The topics will be added to the bottom of the course.
If you remove a topic that still contains activities or resources, the activities and resources will automatically be orphaned and inaccessible to your students.
Using the Edit settings page.
(This will work for all viewing formats.)
- Navigate to your course.
- In tha Administration block, click on the Edit settings link.
- In the Course format section select the Number of topics that will be viewable by your students.
Your content will not be erased if you select less topics than your students have access. If you increase the number of topics, previously hidden topics will be viewable.