- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
Creating a Questionnaire
- If your course is in topic view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add an activity or resource link.
If your course is in folder view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add resource link.
- Select Questionnaire from the menu, then scroll down and click Add.
- Type in a Name for the page.
- The Description is optional. Students will not see this unless you select Display the description on the course page.
- To select a Timing constraint, check the box and set the dates for when you wish the activity to begin and end.
- Determine the Response options including the Questionnaire Type, and Grading. The Type specifies the frequency a student may be able to take the questionnaire. View the blue information button to uncover the specifics on each activity option.The submission grade is optional and does not grade students based on their answers. If used, the grade is given in total to any student that completes the questionnaire.
- Review the Common Module Settings, here you may choose how the activity should be visible or not to your students. If you have developed predetermined groups the common module settings will allow you to segment discussions by groups.
- You can place conditions or date related restrictions determinig activity availability.
- An activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met. Decide if you wish to place conditions or requirements for student participation and activity completion.
- Select the Save and display action.
Adding Questions to a Questionnaire
- Click the Add questions link.
- Select the Questions tab.
- From the drop down menu, choose the type of question and click Add selected question type.
Here are a list of some frequently used question types available:
- Date, enter a date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Drop-down, click on the drop-down menu arrow and select a response.
- Check boxes, click in a box.
- Rate, select a radio button in the scale.
- Yes/ No, select the Yes/No radio button.
- Numeric, enter a number in the box.
- Essay, enter text in the box.
- Radio buttons, click on a radio button to select the corresponding answer.
- Text box, enter text in the box.
- Continue to edit and build the question using the HTML editor, resources and advanced options available.
Repeat intital steps and add each question until the Questionnaire is complete.
- Click on Preview to view your questionnaire.