You have several options on how to sort the messages in you inbox.
- Default - Choose which tabs to use. If you want to see all your messages in one list, just turn off all tabs. Learn more about inbox tabs.
- Important First - This style brings mail from the contacts you email most often and other important mail to the top of the page. Everything else is in its own section at the bottom of your inbox.
- Unread First - Unread mail stays at the top; everything else is at the bottom.
- Starred First - Starred mail stays at the top; everything else is at the bottom.
- Priority Inbox - Messages classified as important and unread are in the top section, then starred messages, then everything else. Each section can be customized further, so if you want more control over your inbox, Priority Inbox is for you.
Select which inbox style you want to try by clicking the arrow that appears when you hover over Inbox on the left side of your Gmail page. You can switch between inbox styles any time.