No, Immaculata does not support the use of POP3 or IMAP to access your Gmail from with in another email program (ex. MS Outlook, or MacMail). Your access to your Gmail account must be directly through the MyIU portal.
As an alternative, it is possible to forward all your mail from your IU account to another email address.
Google provides easy-to-follow instructions on this topic:
Here are the basic directions for forwarding your Gmail messages:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- From the first drop-down menu in the "Forwarding" section, select 'Add new email address.'
- Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
- For your security, we'll send a verification to that email address.
- Open your forwarding email account, and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, select the 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to...' option and select your forwarding address from the drop-down menu.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.
- Click Save Changes.