Yes, in Gmail, you can set up your "vacation responder," which is a standard ‘out of Office’ feature.
As described in the the Google Help Center:
Here's how to let people know you can't respond right away:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Settings along the top of any Gmail page.
- From the General tab, select Vacation responder on in the Vacation responder section.
- Enter the subject and body of your message in the "Subject:" and "Message:" fields.
- If you've enabled a personalized signature in your settings, Gmail will automatically append it to the bottom of your vacation response.
- Check the box next to Only send a response to people in my Contacts if you don't want everyone who emails you to know that you're away from your mail.
- Click Save Changes.