- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn Editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
Creating an Assignment
- If your course is in topic view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add an activity or resource link.
If your course is in folder view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add resource link.
- Select Assignment from the menu, then scroll down and click Add.
- Complete Assignment name and Description:
Enter any instructions and supporting information, links, or media from the weekly overview should be entered directly into the descriptions.
- Assignment Availability (submission dates):
If warranted, you may choose when the assignment becomes available for student reply.
- Check Enable to activate!
- Submission types (Online or File Submission):
Under Submission Settings, you are able to determine how your students should submit their reply.
- By enabling Online text students are able to type text directly into an editor field online for their submission.
- With File submissions enabled, students are able to upload one or more files as their submission.
- The additional settings further control the number of uploads, file size and any comments or instructions for you to manage student expectations regarding the submission process.
- If you do not select a submission type, your students will not be able to submit an assignment.
- Choose Feedback types:
- Select Feedback comments and Feedback files.
- The instructor may check the box to the left to allow for providing comments to each submission as well as the ability to upload files with the feedback. Some examples of files may be, but are not limited to mark-up student submissions, documents with comments or spoken audio feedback.
- Choose Submission settings:
- Choose Yes to Require students to click a submit button.
- As a result, students will have to click a submit button to declare their submission as final. This allows students to keep a draft version of the submission on the system. If the setting is changed from No to Yes after students have already submitted, those submissions will be regarded as final.
- Choose Grade settings:
- Specify the maximum grade or scale to be applied to the assignment.
- If you will not be giving a grade for the assignment, choose None.
- Type in the maximum number of points for the assignment.
Setting an ID number provides a way of identifying the activity for grade calculation purposes. If the activity is not included in any grade calculation then the ID number field can be left blank.
- Common module settings:
- Leave all default settings.
- Activity completion:
- The activity completion can be tracked, either manually or automatically, based on certain conditions.
- Multiple conditions may be set if desired. If so, the activity will only be considered complete when ALL conditions are met.
- Select Save and return to course, or Save and display to view the assignment.
View the following video for a demonstration: