Moodle Forum Types
The Forum activity enables students to post and reply to comments, suggestions, questions, etc. Unlike the Chat activity, participants communicate asynchronously.
There are 5 forum types:
- A single simple discussion - A single discussion topic which everyone can reply to.
- Each person posts one discussion - Each student can post exactly one new discussion topic, which everyone can then reply to.
- Q and A forum - Instructors start each thread with a discussion question. Students must first reply with their perspectives before they can view other students' reply.
- Standard forum displayed in a blog-like format - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time, and in which discussion topics are displayed on one page with "Discuss this topic " links.
- Standard forum for general use - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time.