Scales are a way to measure or evaluate students’ performance. Scales can be created with text (verbose scales) or numbers, which may or may not be symbolic of percentage ranges, to inform students, parents, administrators, or supervisors of student accomplishments.
- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
Adding a Scale
From the Administration block, expand Course administration, and then click Grades.
- Click on the Scales tab.
- Click Add a new scale to add a custom scale.
- Click the Edit icon to edit an existing scale. .
Determine the settings for the Scale.
- Enter the name for the Scale.
- If Standard scale is checked the scale will be available site-wide, for all courses. Standard scales can only be created by site administrators by default.
- Create the scale in list form, starting from negative moving to positive separated by commas. For example: Poor, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Good, Excellent. Adding one option allows you to create a "Like" scale similar to Facebook or a "Useful" scale similar to that on Moodle.org.
- Create a description of the Scale.
- Click the Save changes button to finalize addition.