- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
Weighting for Assignments and Gradebook Categories
- Locate the Admnistration block, under Course Administration and click Grades.
- Under the Setup tab select Gradebook setup.
- While viewing the categories and items, the weights of each grade item and category are visible in the weights column.
- The natural weight of a grade item is displayed as a percent relative to other grade items in the same category.
- The natural weights of remaining items are changed to compensate for items that are overridden.
- The natural weight of a category is displayed as a percent relative to other categories in the same course.
- The natural weights of remaining categories are changed to compensate for categories that are overridden.
You may override the weight of a Grade item or Category by selecting the checkbox in the Weight column and by assigning a desired weight.
- If the weights are not overridden by selecting them, then they are simply for informational purposes, to inform the instructor what the relative weights of the items are.
- In the Actions column, you can view more options by clicking Edit. Change the aggregation of a category by selecting Edit settings.
- Learn more about Weighted Mean
To learn more about aggregate types visit: Category Aggregation
View the video below to learn more about:
Using Moodle Gradebook