The difference between a due date and a cut off date is that submissions after the due date are marked as late, but submissions are prevented after the cut off date.
Setting the due dates and cut off dates
- Go to the assignment or activity in your Moodle course.
- In the administration block, select Edit settings.
- Scroll down to the Availability section. You may need to click Show more to see all of the options in that section.
- Make sure that Enable is checked to be able to select a Due date or Cut-off date.
- Enter the due date and cut off date for the assignment.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and return to course or Save and display.