- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176.
Categories in the Question Bank
In Moodle you can create question categories to store your questions.
- If you create a quiz for chapters 1, 2 and 3, you can place those questions into a folder similar to the way your files are stored on your computer.
- Next you can create a folder or category for chapters 4, 5 and 6 and add questions specifically for those chapters.
- Each category must have a name and you can include a short description of the category.
- Access the Categories section of the question bank for your course or master shell by visiting the Administration block, then Course administration, selecting Question bank, and Categories. If you do not have a question bank in your settings, create a quiz activity and the Question Bank tool will become available.
- A menu of default categories are available. You may add new categories in the editor at the bottom of the page.
3. After editing, select Add category.
Assigning Categories to Questions
As you build new questions with the question editor the first field will prompt you to assign (via drop-down menu) a category. The new categories that you add will be populated into the drop-down list for selection.
This 3½ minute video walks you through the process of creatig categories and putting questions in them.