- Login to Moodle using the Mozilla Firefox browser, visit: FAQ ID #1175
- Find your course, visit: FAQ ID #1176
- Turn Editing on, visit: FAQ ID #1189
Creating a Choice Activity
- If your course is in topic view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add an activity or resource link.
If your course is in folder view, in the section in where you want the page located, select the Add resource link.
- Select Choice from the menu, then scroll down and click Add.
- Provide the Choice name and Description for the activity. The text typed in the Description will display in the Choice activity.
- Choose whether you wish to limit the number of participants that can select each choice option. When the limit is reached then no-one else will be able select that option. If limits are disabled then any number of participants can select each of the options.
- Add your Choice options to establish and edit the polling activity. Fill in any number of the choice options. If you leave some of the options blank, they will not be displayed. If you need more than 8 options, click the Add 3 fields to form button.
- Consider and select any time constraints needed for keeping the poll open. If you leave the checkbox unticked the choice activity will remain open throughout the duration of the course.
- Continue to review and elect the the Miscellaneous settings to customize the student interaction in the activity.
- Review the Common Module Settings, here you may choose how the activity should be Visible or not to your students. If you have developed predetermined groups the common module settings will allow you to segment discussions by groups.
- Decide if you wish to place conditions or date related restrictions on how the activity becomes available.
- Select the Save and display option to view the poll from a students perspective.
View the video below to learn more about:
The Choice Activity
To view the full screen, visit the following page on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMhxIdmkNjc