On July 9, 2015 Immaculata University successfully completed an upgrade to the version Moodle 2.8 by Moodlerooms.
Listed below are the essential updates of the recent implementation.
Gradebook (for instructors)
- The Sum of grades aggregation has been replaced by Natural weighting. Natural weights improves on Sum of grades by offering feedback on how your grading system applies weights to graded activities and categories.
- The Single view improves access to the grades of each student individually.
- A new Grade history report allows you to search the grade performance of a specific student.
Activities (for instructors)
- Assignments - You may now add files to an assignment. This will help instructors provide a template or worksheet for an assignment. It is also a good tool to share model submission examples.
- Choice - More than one choice can now be made.
- Quizzes - The user experience of quiz building allows for drag and drop capability. The process for the repagination of questions has also become easier.
Forums (all system users)
- Students and faculty are able to subscribe to individual forum discussions and get email copies of just the replies you want.
More information: Moodlerooms 2.8 release documentation