You can compress the images in your PowerPoint to reduce its file size.
- In the PowerPoint file, double click the image you want to reduce.
- A Format ribbon will open and give you further options
- In the Adjust tab of the Format ribbon, select Compress Pictures.
- In the Compress Pictures pop-up, you can select to Apply only to this picture, or uncheck that option to compress all pictures in the PowerPoint presentation.
- When this process is done, save your PowerPoint presentation.
Sometimes this will not compress your PowerPoint file enough, and it is recommended that you save it as a PDF file. Instructions can be found in this FAQ: /faq/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=33&id=286