The forum types available in Moodle may vary slightly in delivery format, but all help to promote faculty and classmates to post topics. The posts help to inspire replies capturing the thoughts and ideas of the course as a whole.
There are 5 forum types:
- A single simple discussion - A single discussion topic to which everyone can reply (cannot be used with separate groups)
- Each person posts one discussion - Each student can post exactly one new discussion topic, to which everyone can then reply
- Q and A forum - Students must first post their perspectives before viewing other students' posts
- Standard forum displayed in a blog-like format - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time, and in which discussion topics are displayed on one page with "Discuss this topic" links
- Standard forum for general use - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time
Creating a Post
- Enter the discussion activity and select Add an new discussion.
Fill in a subject for your discussion, and add your message.
- Manage your subscription using the Manage forum subscriiptions link. If you are subscribed to a forum it means you will receive email copies of forum posts. (Make sure that you submit your forum post before managing your subscription. If you switch to another page before submitting, your post will not be saved.)
- If your instructor has enabled the function, you may opt to add an attachments to a forum post. If you attach an image, it will be displayed after the message.
- After selecting Post to forum. The forum question will then appear accessible on a table of forum posts.
View the video below to learn more about:
Posting to a Dicussion Forum