On July 9, 2015 Immaculata University successfully completed an upgrade to the version Moodle 2.8 by Moodlerooms.
Listed below are the essential updates of the recent implementation.
Gradebook (for instructors)
- The Sum of grades aggregation has been replaced by Natural weighting. Natural weights improves on Sum of grades by offering feedback on how your grading system applies weights to graded activities and categories.
- The Single view improves access to the grades of each student individually.
- A new Grade history report allows you to search the grade performance of a specific student.
Activities (for instructors)
- Assignments - You may now add files to an assignment. This will help instructors provide a template or worksheet for an assignment. It is also a good tool to share model submission examples.
- Choice - More than one choice can now be made.
- Quizzes - The user experience of quiz building allows for drag and drop capability. The process for the repagination of questions has also become easier.
Forums (all system users)
- Students and faculty are able to subscribe to individual forum discussions and get email copies of just the replies you want.
More information: Moodlerooms 2.8 release documentation
December 2014 Updates!
On December 29, 2014 Moodlerooms will enhance our LMS platform with new features. Below are some of the improvements that will be implemented.
- Instructor comments can be entered directly inline to an online text assignment
- Word limits can be set for online text assignments
- When grading assignments a drop-down menu can be accessed from the 'Options' section allowing you to filter submissions so you can; for example quickly see which students have not submitted yet.
- Advance forums now makes it easy for any user to quickly scan a forum discussion and determine who is posting in a discussion, when there are new posts the user needs to read and which forums and discussions are the most active and popular.
To view details about these added features, click the link below:
DECEMBER 2013 Updates!
On December 27, 2013 Moodlerooms will enhance our LMS platform with new features. Below are some of the improvements that will be implemented.
- Open Badge Integration - may be awarded manually or for course or activity completion. Users can choose to display their badges in their Moodle profile.
- Forms Improvement - Reduced size description field with collapsible editor.
- Assignments Activity – New assignment settings for handling resubmissions.
- Quiz Activity – Added an option to auto-save during quiz attempts, and essay questions can have a template, so the student starts answering from the template, not a blank editor.
To view more added features, click on the link below:
Materials from the Academic Technology Committee Presentation (1/9/2013 are available here for your convenience:
Guess what?! You can now access your IU email accounts from your mobile device(s)….but first you need to create an IU Google Apps password.
Once your password is created, use your MyIU username and new IU Google password to configure your IU Google email on your mobile device(s).
If you have any issues creating your IU Google Apps password or with setting up your device(s), go here: How do I get my IU email on my phone?
Please email the helpdesk at email@example.com if you have any other questions.
- Remember to login with your MyIU credentials
- Check out your courses.
- Don't see your course? Click here for more information
- Use our checklist for the start of classes
- See recent Moodle updates!
- Import your Moodle content
- Upload your new syllabus
- Enable your course
Immaculata Students and Adjunct Faculty have GONE....
The Google Apps FAQ material has now been added to the ATS FAQ under 'email' / 'Google Apps'!!
More information: Google Apps FAQ
New categories added for Email, Networks, Hardware and Software!
We are developing this new FAQ system to better assist you in quickly finding answers to your questions and solving your issues with technology here at Immaculata.